How to apply for degree programmes in Dutch
Candates who have a diploma which was awarded outside the Flemish Community are admitted to a degree programma which is organized in Dutch only if they comply with one of the following conditions:
- they prove that they have successfully completed one year of secondary or higher education in Dutch
- they succeed in the exam of Dutch that is accepted by the Nederlandse Taalunie (Dutch Language Union). The following are accepted:
- level 5 of Instituut voor Levende Talen – Leuven (Language Institute- Leuven)
- level 5 of Universiteit van Gent (Ghent University)
- level 5 of KUB/HUB (Brussel)
- level 4 of Universiteit van Antwerpen (Antwerp University)
- richtgraad 3 (level 3) of CVO (adult education centre)
- certificate PTHO (profiel taalvaardigheid hoger onderwijs/profile language proficiency higher education) of CNaVT (www.cnavt.org)
- certificate PAT (profiel academische taalvaardigheid/profile academic language proficiency) of CNaVT
Candidates who do not comply with the conditions mentioned above, must succeed the Dutch language test (PTHO of CNaVT). Reservation and payment in advance is necessary.
On the website http://www.cnavt.org you can find all the information concerning this test: preparation to the exam, examples, certificate......
Please read the procedures and fill in the "Aanvraagformulier voor toelating tot een Nederlandstalige opleiding" digitally and send it by email to:
Mr Herman Lievens
Katholieke Hogeschool Kempen